Monday, December 9, 2013

More New Work

This week I started thinking about the new work I plan on showing next month in Chicago Art Source Gallery and realized I was not happy with the mini works I had done since moving. The theme of the January show is places I have been to in the city. The work will hang without titles and people who come to the show will have to guess where the inspiration came for each painting.

The works below are 2.5 x 3.5, and will be floated and mounted in 10 x 10 shadowbox frames. I will also be featuring 6 x 6 and 12 x 12 paintings. 

It's such a change for me, from painting the ocean and rural landscapes, to painting skyscrapers and urban landscapes. 

Gold Coast


White Sox Park


Christmas in the City


2 comments:

  1. Awesome to guess where the inspiration came from, it adds so much of zest to the whole event of an art show! These pieces are so beautiful, I particularly loved the Christmas spirited one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure what works you haven't been too happy with, Robin. I love these city pieces, every last one of them. If I had the money I'd be buying the lot of them. They show the beauty of our city and to me, Chicago is one darned gorgeous city (and I've been in lots of them) with a super rich history. Your pieces have somehow captured that sense of history for me.

    ReplyDelete