Sunday, April 5, 2015

Geishas

The literal Japanese translation of "geisha" is "person of art". Recently I have been revisiting favorite Haiku Masters, Japanese woodcuts, and my love of Asian Art. Years ago I had studied and painted Geishas with watercolor, I used my paintings as transfers into wax in these new miniature works on paper. Each is 2.5" x 3.5" mixed media encaustic. I will be floating and mounting these in a triptych shadowbox frame.




I have been on break from teaching this past week and Friday resume weekly encaustic classes at the North Shore Art League. I am scheduled to teach both Friday and Sunday afternoons. The classes are great for beginners to advanced, we cover a variety of techniques and share in weekly group critiques. For more information visit - NSAL 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color and the peaceful sense in the first peace is so welcome this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The compositions are amazing and the rendering unique. I still remember that I was awestruck by the place of worship with Durga as the deity. I look forward to more from your love for Asian art.

    ReplyDelete