Saturday, May 16, 2015

Summer Festivals on the Horizon



My first art festival is less than a month away and this is the time when I stop making new works and focus on presentation (framing and wiring), pricing, and determine what will be going to each show. I have to admit, I have had a productive year with lots of choices; I must narrow down what to bring!

First show, Wells Street Art Festival, will be featuring mixed media encaustic paintings. I submitted cityscape image transfers but my newest work is more organic and loose. I have been using lots of shellac burns and transfer foils, incorporating a variety of techniques (many of my paintings originate as demonstrations from the classes I teach). 

"Buddha"
10" x 8" encaustic on panel


This piece allowed me to sculpt with wax, add metallic transfer foils, and draw using the tjanting tool.

The hardest part of preparing for the festival will be narrowing down which work to hang, and reminding myself to focus on a cohesive body of work.

2 comments:

  1. Wonder if I have a shot at making it down there for this festival? I'm going to try. Love the bridesmaids below, Robin. The colors in your abstract pieces are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh How I wish I could visit this festival, your selections and the card is spot on! All the very best to you Robin!

    ReplyDelete