Monday, March 7, 2016

Face of Buddha

We are in the midst of primary elections here and there is no escape ... from the daily news, the debates ... the disrespect between candidates, between different political parties, and the lack of compassion and respect has led me to a feeling of disconnect and political hopelessness. I rarely let myself get caught in political controversy. I don't like conflict.

In general, when I am challenged with relationships in life, I have always found personal comfort in Buddhist philosophy; to simply lead a moral life, to be mindful and aware of thoughts and actions, and to develop wisdom and understanding.  The search for a quiet, tranquil place has led me to a new series, "Face of Buddha". My goal is to create 100 Buddha paintings, some inspired by actual statuary others inspired by feelings and abstract concepts. I plan on sharing these during the upcoming festival (and election) season and hope I am able to encourage meditative thoughts and actions.

All of the paintings in the series are 10" x 8", mixed media encaustic on cradled birch panels, (and priced at $250). I have completed 15 paintings to date and plan on continuing developing the series until I reach my goal of 100.



















1 comment:

  1. Looks more Cambodian, I love them all, what is more needed than a Buddha to enjoy and feel peaceful.

    ReplyDelete