Saturday, June 16, 2012

Flower Power

My summer project(s) officially started today. I am going to try to paint 30 new encaustic paintings, all small works, by August 1. The past week was surprisingly successful as I had multiple sales on Etsy as well as in the Copley Society small works summer show. 

These paintings are 2.5" x 3.5", then floated and mounted on 6" x 6" watercolor paper, with my stamp signature on the bottom left. I think the addition of the shadowbox frame enhances the presentation and they are priced under $100 each, a key selling point.







I also have 5 small works being featured in Gallery Della-Piana, opening next week. The gallery owner was more interested in my winter scenes rather than summer as she said most artists neglect to find the beauty in a winter garden. 


As usual, I spent most of what I made in sales last week reordering supplies to allow me to continue working. Getting ahead is a never ending challenge... starving artist comes to mind.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Robin. These flowers are beautiful, and I love the way you're presenting them in the frames--little jewels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few more flowery jewels to create today, then off to IKEA to purchase more shadowbox frames.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the sales and a very productive week for you! And good luck with the show and your goal.. what a lovely way to surge ahead Robin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Success feeds motivation, motivation leads to creativity, and I am just going to enjoy the ride!

      Delete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous, Robin! Great prices indeed! Wish I had it extra right now as I'd love to buy one for my very own. Alas, a huge vet bill and a doubled school loan payment (I never received a bill last month and now they are charging me late fees and double the payment) have depleted us already! Ah well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of the economic crunch effecting not just you, Sherry, but everyone, these smaller works have become my best sales opportunity for upcoming shows and are loads of fun to make. Making successful art is as rewarding to me as showing (and even selling).

      Delete