Thursday, October 6, 2016

Revisiting, A New Direction

Landscape, nature, organic shapes and colors, are always a part of my creative process. Breaking down an idea visually to it's core, creating space with simple shapes and form, is an on going challenge in my work. You have probably heard the expression "less is more"... that is the underlying theme in these new abstract works.

I plan to continue exploring layered textures using encaustic (purified beeswax combined with resin and pigment), pan pastels, and various other mixed media materials in order to create visual and literal depth.

I want to take you on a journey into wide open landscape and space.

"On the Water"
10" x 8" mixed media on panel


"Adobe"
8" x 10" mixed media on panel


"Sierra"
8" x 8" mixed media on panel


I have also been focusing on the Face of Buddha, this series can be viewed in it's entirety here.
Sticking with the "less is more" concept has been a challenge, that's why I like doing it.


1 comment:

  1. Muted tones are so open and uninhibited, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete