Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Following One's Heart

The 4th primary chakra is the heart chakra also known as Anahata. This chakra represents one's ability to make decisions by following your heart rather than letting unfulfilled emotions cloud judgement.

"Anahata", 22" x 30", watercolor on paper


I have never been religious or spiritual consciously, but over time I have come to realize that making art inspired by Buddhist philosophy (and science) can bring a deeper meaning to what I do. Several years ago when my life was upside down and I was moving toward the life changing decision of filing for divorce, I became a student (briefly) of Buddhism. At that time I was focused on basics and understanding myself better, Buddhism made sense to me. Now, I am back to creating art with the intention of finding a better understanding in my every day life through the logic of Hindu Tantric Chakra studies. Seeing the biophysical and spiritual correlation to our bodies and minds, and using that knowledge to live a more complete, fulfilling life, is something to embrace. These Chakra paintings have become my reminder. 

I have 2 more chakras to paint in order to complete the series and with each piece I have experienced a renewed awareness. Sitting and planning out the composition of the trees with painters tape, ripping piece after piece, small and large strips, has become a rhythmic and soothing routine. These paintings are therapuetic and I am happy to be sharing them.

7 comments:

  1. If we all could find that inner peace I think the world would be a much better place. I just so love the gorgeous forests of trees you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your comment and wish for inner peace, Sherry. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something very soothing about this painting--don't know whether it's the rhythm or colors or combination of the two. (I think it's actually the artist who felt it--you.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely spent more time "connecting" with this piece, Hallie. It kind of was the hidden meaning behind the work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful Robin. I also so appreciate how you share yourself in connection to the art. It is the story for me that makes your art even more impressive.
    Thank you Robin for everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly see what you are trying to convey through this series..I am well connecting to these chakra paintings Robin.. keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, my friends tell me I am like an open book, and I think art reflects the personality of the artist. I know sometimes I try too hard, these paintings are simple and to the point. Feels good for a change.

    I am still and always will be a student to a certain degree, padmaja. This series is my current refresher course! Yellow - Manipura, is going to be a challenge on more than 1 level.

    ReplyDelete