Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Footprints

I put together a short 1 minute slideshow of my recent process, all inspired by Aboriginal art and a humbling view of the world. This discovery has been exhilarating, allowing me to explore new textures, patterns, and dimensionality. 

A birds eye view

"Footprints", 12" x 12" encaustic on panel, the newest addition to the Outback Series


I am looking forward to adding additional works to the slideshow as they are completed.
Music by Thievery Corporation, Incident at Gate 7

                                           

7 comments:

  1. I love the slide show, Robin. Were those twisted balls your left over wax?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sherry, the removal of the wax is can be a work of art too, some artists create sculptures with their scrapings or incorporate the scrapings back into the primary work. Possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I love your Outback series and really enjoyed the video. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eva. It's fun documenting the process and putting it together as a slideshow. One day I will make an actual video of the process but in the meantime, this is the next best thing.

      Delete
  4. I think this might be my favorite of this series so far. I love the palette and composition.

    Coming back later to watch the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fluid and full of movement, they look beautiful Robin!Loved the slide show, next time please promise me a video:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deborah, I am loving the palette too, earth tones inspired by the Australian desert and lands and a better understanding of abstracted landscapes.

    padmaja... inch by inch, I am slowly moving toward creating that video!

    ReplyDelete