Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Chicago Art & Design Show at Navy Pier

Art festival season will be starting a few months earlier as I am getting ready to exhibit April 8-9 at Navy Pier. Fortunately, this is an indoor show and my usual stress about weather conditions is not an issue. My booth setup will be altered with the addition of electricity and track lighting (lighting always enhances presentation), and I am excited to be demonstrating encaustic painting techniques during the weekend show.

Highlighted in my booth will be 50 paintings of Buddha, viewing this series as a cohesive body of work is key. The photo below featured 20 paintings from the series last summer, and only filled one side of my booth. I plan on presenting all 50 pieces on the two back walls in my booth, keeping this series separate from miniatures and cityscapes. Making sense visually is always a challenge, particularly when I have distinct bodies of different work.

Buddha wall from last summer:



Large cityscape paintings will hang on the outer wall (fortunately I have a corner aisle and can utilize both sides of the panels), and the miniatures will be on free standing panels toward the front of my booth display, separate from the back walls. I am sharing a few samples of work below.

Cityscape:
"Approaching Michigan Avenue"
30" x 30"


"LaSalle Street"
40" x 30"


Miniatures:
"Wrigley Field"
3.5" x 2.5" triptych, 12" x 28" shadowbox frame

"The Chicago Theater"
2.5" x 3.5", 10" x 10" shadowbox frame


The show is free and open to the public. For more information visit the Amdur Productions website link below.

1 comment: