Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New Year, New Home, New Inspiration

I am moving in a few days. That, combined with the holiday season, and my kids all home with me, has not been conducive to art-making.

This week I got the keys to my new place and I am having some rooms painted before I am living there. I was bringing boxes over tonight, and it was the first time I enjoyed watching the sun set over the ocean from the third floor. I was overwhelmed by the colors of the sky. I know I will want to paint sunsets once I start seeing them daily but I will have to find a way to make them unique.

In the mean time, I have decided to frame the mural I painted from my creative movement class and once I have figured out the proper wall space I can take it to be framed. I am also going to paint the wicker furniture for my daughter's room - she wants black with neon designs, so I guess my creativity will be taking a different direction for now!

New work posted will have to wait and once I am settled I will be back blogging.

Happy Holidays to everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new place of residence and the great view!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    -Don

    ReplyDelete