Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sunday on Snow Street

Being on vacation made me realize how important my art is to me on an almost daily basis. I never had time to take out the pastels I brought with me, and I could not wait to begin several new projects once I arrived home. Immediately I wanted to work on a gift for my brother and his wife. Their painting is only 8" x 8" which made it come together quickly, plus I knew exactly how I wanted to work this.

"Sunday on Snow Street", 8" x 8" encaustic image transfer


I will look at it again in the morning and make sure I don't want to add additional details. Then I will proceed with preparing the 16" x 20" wood panel I still have, it's time for me to do another ocean painting. I don't have any other large panels here and my next order will be 18" x 24" size from the Dick Blick website. I set goals for myself and working larger with wax medium is on the top of the list.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back Robin! This little gem is sure to be a good segue into getting back to your painting routine. A wonderful gift for your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! Your brother and SIL will love this! I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made the photo you took into a jewel. They will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah, giving the gift of my art is always a tricky thing in my mind, but I am hopeful this will be a welcomed gift too, thanks.

    Sherry, lets hope so!

    Eva, of course I decided to add more wax details and layers this morning so the painting is changed somewhat, but it should still work for them, thank you.

    ReplyDelete