Friday, January 27, 2012

Best of Show

I was pleasantly surprised to hear I won Best of Show in the works on paper show at Lynn Arts. When I dropped off my 2 watercolor submissions I couldn't help but notice incredible paper collages and abstract works of art. I had hoped both of my paintings would be juried into the show but because the juror, Stacy Thomas-Vickory, specializes in printmaking, I didn't think my watercolors would impress her! Happy to say I was wrong.

"Bonsai", 30" x 22" watercolor on paper


"Bonsai" won the Best in Show award, "Snow Day" is also in the show, both of these paintings were demonstrations from the watercolor workshops I taught last year.

"Snow Day", 22" x 30" watercolor on paper

11 comments:

  1. And it's only the first month of this great year for you! Congratulations; "Bonsai" is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS ROBIN!!!!!! How exciting! I can see why it won BEST OF SHOW-- it's stunning!Snow Day is gorgeous too. You have wicked talent!

    (Despite my absence from your blog... I have been keeping tabs. I love your art and your spirit.)

    Pamo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Robin! I think both of these pieces are truly beautiful so no shock to me that they won! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a gift for beautiful composition! These scenes both have something special above and beyond the typical outdoor landscape scene! They're so different, yet your style is so evident. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really has been a great start to a new year, Hallie, thanks.

    Welcome back, Pam! It's always wonderful to hear from you, you are like the Blogspot Cheerleader of all good things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Sherry. I actually prefer the snow scene and thought it required more watercolor skill because of all of the white. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katherine, isn't composition the key to success? being able to control a medium into forming a unique style is what motivates me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Robin.. both are fabulous jobs..The composition for Bonsai is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, padmaja! I have a love and am always inspired by the incredible shapes of the bonsai.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the dreamy quality of your work. Congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting and posting a comment, Arena.

    ReplyDelete