Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Art Business

I decided to use my most recent encaustic painting in the advertisement I placed in the Paradise City Fall show magazine and guide. I was concerned that the painting is small although decided that makes these works even more appealing. My booth will feature all landscape paintings, both watercolor and encaustic mediums, large and small. Hopefully the small works will be very salable because of the lower price point. I have sold an assortment of pieces this summer in both the Copley Society small works show as well as at the Gallery Della-Piana show.


The week following the Paradise City show looks like I will be having a solo show in a new, local art gallery and studio. I will also be offering an encaustic workshop in their studio space however details are still being tweaked. I should have more to share in the next few days.

Saturday I am hosting a watercolor workshop here at home and I think I will start with a sky demo, inspired by the mind-blowing storms I have witnessed all afternoon and continuing to happen at this very moment.

Storm rolling in this afternoon over the ocean...


there was a lull in the stormy weather, and I was able to take a long walk before the next batch of storms arrived.


6 comments:

  1. Wow. I think your trip to Chicago must have really been energizing. An eye-catching ad, sales, new works, and a new gallery--congratulations are definitely in order. Beautiful photos of the storm; we've had a few and my dog is afraid of thunder--he's under the bed often these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ad is designed by the show promoters and is pretty generic but I do like the way it turned out. The new gallery situation is very very new and I will be their first workshop/solo show which has me concerned. I am still in meetings with the owner who is a businessman turned artist/gallery owner and hopefully everything will work out. Once he has a gallery manager things will feel much more organized and settled, I hope.

      Delete
  2. We had about 5 drops of rain overnight. Please blow those storms our way, Robin. I love these small works of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The midwest drought is definitely going to effect all of us in the grocery store, I am wishing the rain your way, Sherry. These small works are my favorite too, but I am not going to be able to work on new encaustic pieces for several weeks. I am already focusing on my fall show schedule.

      Delete
  3. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an e-mail. I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.
    Here is my blog ... alice in wonderland fancy dress childrens costumes

    ReplyDelete
  4. My website has a contact page, my blog does not unless you post here. If you visit www.robinsamiljan.com you can see where to contact me directly.

    ReplyDelete