Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Inspiration

It felt good to get lost in the process this week. Making linear marks etched into wax felt more like sculpting at times and maybe it was.

"Goldenrod Meadow", 6" x 6" 



"Black Eyed Susans", 5" x 7"



I also made time to frame the new 6" x 6" landscapes by recycling floater frames I already had.


And I made duplicate, smaller versions of the Lupine Sunset and Purple Loosestrife.



Also framed the Pond in Vermont and Koi Pond.




All in all, it was a creative, busy, productive encaustic art week as I am working on having plenty of new things for the last Paradise City show I am participating in this October. Next, I will be gearing up and planning for the watercolor workshop I am teaching July 21 in my home studio.

6 comments:

  1. Your hands seemed to be more than full this week and what creative time you had! Robin, each one is so beautiful, the top two look exotic! Wish you could share a video of your process here.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want to create a video of my encaustic technique but I live alone (most of the time) and finding someone to film (and edit) has been on the back burner. If I figure it out I will be sure to keep you posted.

      Delete
  2. These are so gorgeous, Robin. I can't wait til you move out here so I can learn this encaustic process from you. I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I am settled and ready to offer workshops, I will be sure to let you know, Sherry!

      Delete
  3. Wow Robin! Your work always blows me away! The meadow is gorgeous and the up close work of the sunflowers is stunning.

    Your work is gorgeous on it's own but looks wonderful framed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having so much fun when I paint with wax Pam. I think it reflects in the outcome of the work. It's good to hear from you too.

    ReplyDelete