Sunday, June 14, 2009

Crazy Sunday...

"Reach"
"Si Ting"

I didn't expect to spend 5 hrs in an ER today; early this morning my encaustic griddle was heated along with my pot filled with encaustic medium. I had started working on several more art cards, but I had chest pains that had proceeded to get worse over the weekend, and my doctor suggest I not wait until tomorrow for an office visit but to get things checked out today at the hospital. I decided to bring the book I just purchased, "The Art of Encaustic Painting" by Joanne Mattera (I bought the book yesterday at Dick Blick). I figured if I was going to be in a hospital environment I might as well have something to do while I sit and wait all day long. I am fine, my heart is fine, I have pulled muscles in my chest wall. I also had a chance to read the entire book. 

When I came home I had the 2 cards from this morning just waiting to be finished and now that I had read the book I understood a bit more about building layers of wax to create luminosity and depth. The book explained some basics about painting with the wax, information I needed because the workshop only covered collage and image transfers, nothing about painting. I decided to finish the cards before retiring for the day... I think these are a little different from the ones I have done to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment