Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Art Cards, Editions and Originals





I have spent the past few months learning about artist trading cards, trading them online and offline, and have enjoyed seeing so many different styles of cards. For me, it wasn't enough. I am now making cards, mounting them on blank notecards, and hoping to sell them as small original works of art at my next art show. I have always offered printed notecards of my original watercolor paintings and done well selling them but now I want to see if people are interested in original works of art at an affordable price. Mounting the cards on blank notecards seemed more substantial to me, and by using rubber cement to mount the card it will be easy to detach it. I made 10 cards today and hope I have close to 100 by the July art festival. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment