Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fun Lesson!

Image transfer with encaustic paint started as a class demo

Encaustic painting, started as a wax etching in class

Stan drumming with a few of my cohorts; these are djembe drums

This weekend I shared my encaustics and art card enthusiasm with my class. I explained the concept of the cards, brought samples of my cards traded and received, and then had prepared art cards with wax medium for teaching how to do image transfers and etchings on encaustics. I love when my passion for making art energizes people.

I did a quick sample of an etching and also an image transfer but had to take more time at home to finish both of these cards... last night I had the time.

The class I am in right now is called Innovative Methods in Education and one of the many art mediums we are learning is the art of "drumming". I am including a photo from the end of class yesterday where Stan Strickland was teaching drumming techniques, what an amazing guy!

1 comment:

  1. HEY! Art ain't supposed to be fun! Just kidding... I really like both of your new encaustic pieces. The rich color in the one and the skeletal feel of the other are right up my alley. Great job.

    ReplyDelete