Monday, June 14, 2010

New Day, New Outlook

In addition to the keynote speaker on the opening night, as well as talks and demos throughout the weekend, the conference made available for sale many of the tools used with encaustic painting. "How to" videos, pigmented wax with rich, lush colors, and the Iwatani torch were highlights for me.

After a sleepless night I decided to change my blog's look this morning. I tossed and turned and tried to remember all of the things I took in at the conference and one of the easiest changes for me to address was a different, softer internet presence. Miles Conrad gave a talk on presenting to a gallery, something I also teach to art students. His talk re-assured me that I have been covering all of the important details an artist needs to have in a portfolio however a small change I decided to make was to use a white background on my blog site. He said for him, having a black background could distract his viewing of art images and that having a white background was the least distracting and closest to the way an art piece would be viewed in a gallery. It's a simple detail that may just be a personal preference but I decided to see how I like it on my blog before I go ahead and have my web designer change the background on my website.

Time to get ready for the all day workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment