Friday, June 4, 2010

Time to Breathe

One of my small upcoming projects is to use a photograph I took (one of my buddhas during the spring when the trees were blossoming) for an encaustic image transfer, then place it behind a detailed frame. The antique wood is 14 x 6 and was once part of a temple (so I was told). I will add pigmented wax for highlighted details in the image, then carefully mount the wood on the completed painting.


Another small project I have planned is using more of my photographs from the pathway series for 3.5 x 2.5 encaustic image transfers in artist trading card size. Once the images are transfered into the wax I add colored wax for highlights and more details.


It's a strange feeling to not have the next book to read, or paper to write, because graduate school is now behind me. I have spent time thinking about my future and am waiting to hear on several teaching opportunities but for now I have to just sit. In the meantime, I am organizing at home; I just moved out from a studio rental and now have everything in one place. I have time this summer to build up my inventory for my next Paradise City show which is not until Columbus Day weekend and I am looking forward to the National Encaustic Conference next weekend, followed by 2 post conference workshops.

This Saturday I am jurying a mixed media show for a summer arts festival over 4th of July weekend and I am also participating in the day of plein air painting event on July 2, as well as waiting to hear if my piece was accepted to the painting exhibit.

Time to breathe...

The smaller art projects will be quick and manageable which is probably why I haven't gotten into them yet. I know it's time for me to take advantage of this quiet time and hopefully I will have a productive summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment