Sunday, June 6, 2010

small is all I can do (for now)

"A New Pathway" 3.5 x 2.5

"Spring Pond II" 2.5 x 3.5


I have been waiting a year, literally, to attend the National Encaustic Conference; Friday afternoon is the kickoff. Last year I could only attend a post-conference workshop and it turned into the beginning of what became a year long obsession, learning how to paint and use beeswax in conjunction with all the things I already knew from my years of watercolor painting. It has been a challenge, to say the least, to "self teach" and I can hardly wait to be surrounded by other people as curious and as intrigued with the medium as I am.

Fortunately, I am only letting myself work on small projects this week and I was able to enjoy finishing the 3.5 x 2.5 image transfers today. I will be floating and mounting these in 6 x 6 shadowbox frames and the presentation really allows these small works to stand out. Slowly but surely, I am adding more new encaustic work to my portfolio, and less new watercolor work. Hmmmmmmmmmm!

1 comment:

  1. I love 'em both, especially "A New Pathway". Have fun at the conference and learn many new things. I can't wait to see what comes of this...

    -Don

    ReplyDelete