Sunday, November 1, 2009

All that's left is the "lace" (almost)


I purposely am not finishing this painting right now so that I can show my class on Tuesday night how I will do the final details making corrections to the screen, plant pot and the geisha's hand. I also will be adding the "lace", the things that make the painting come alive. I need to add shading to ground the plant and the geisha. I cant decide if the screen needs to be darker although when I look at it with fresh eyes in a few days I am sure I will know what to do.

I had so much fun using layers of paint in the geisha's kimono although I still want to add patterns to the fabric with my ink stamps. There are only 2 classes left in this 8 week session and I want to save the last class for everyone to work on whatever they need to finish with me available to help them. I can't believe how fast time is flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment