Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ducks in a row

"Autumn Pathway", 6 x 6 encaustic image transfer, (version 2)


Summer, Autumn, and Winter are now completed. My 16 x 20 photographs are being framed along with my watercolor paintings, and I have the floater frames here at home for the encaustics. After last week's discovery, realizing the photo used in my first autumn encaustic painting did not match up to the photo I used for my watercolor (enlarged and framed for the show), I was compelled to paint another version of the pathway, this time using the exact same photograph that inspired my watercolor.

This was the first time I painted the watercolor, then the encaustic, and it definitely changed my focus. It was important to me that I did not use pigmented wax everywhere and that the photo transfered was evident in the composition.

"Pathways and Transitions", the official title of my installation, is what I am presenting for my graduate school art show. We are sharing our work the weekend of March 19th but then will have time to adjust or change if necessary, before the official show that runs for the month of May. Because I am still planning on painting the spring season, my series will not be completed until after graduation. I am already looking forward to next month's visit to the bird sanctuary so that I can focus on my final set of paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment