Friday, March 19, 2010

Light and Dark

"Light and Dark", 24 x 18 watercolor painting


Last night we finished the masking tape resists. I waited to finish my painting so that I could demonstrate glazing techniques, thus the addition and appearance of a large yellow sphere (the sun?!) My focus was mostly on making sure my watercolor washes remained transparent and clean, not so much on details in the composition and subject matter. In the back of my mind I was thinking about the next juried show at the Cambridge Art Association, the theme title is "dark and light".

Next week I will be teaching still life, but this weekend (starting this afternoon) is the second half of voice and music class and we will be sharing our installations, something I have been working on since last summer. I am both nervous and excited and look forward to sharing photos of my work after the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment