Monday, August 31, 2009

completed work



I woke up this morning and knew I had to create distinctions in the foreground greenery and I did that by etching into the wax, then rubbing oil pastel into the markings, followed by linseed oil to take off the excess pastel. It felt like sculpting when I was defining the leaves and grasses. It's hard to photograph encaustic because there is a reflection of light whether its from a flash or a natural light source but you can still get a sense of the painting.

I do like the 3 dimensional aspects of painting with wax but for now I will hold off on working any larger than 6 x 6 panels.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Robin. I especially like the colors in the path. I think the etching and rubbing added to it. Good choice.

    Thanks for your encouraging words on my latest posts. They really mean a lot to me.

    -Don

    ReplyDelete