Sunday, October 25, 2009

more fall inspiration

I like the linear pattern here

"Non-pattern" of leaves

Color!

Yes, there really are birds in the sanctuary



I love this time of year, the colors and the smells. Autumn continues to inspire me.

My first series of encaustic paintings were done this summer with the photos I took at the local bird sanctuary. I have been unable to focus on new encaustic paintings since the studio residency in August... until now. I went back to the bird sanctuary and took more photos, knowing I will do the next encaustics using the fall palette I saw in nature today. I just ordered 8 x 8 wood panels although I still have a few in the 6 x 6 size in case I want to stick to smaller works. My hope is that this winter I will go back to photograph, and again in spring time. A year of visiting the bird sanctuary will bring a year of seasonal inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment